Thursday, January 19, 2006

Inhale If You Dare

It came unannounced. I didn’t see it coming and I was not ready for it. I almost fainted as a result of it. It was my fault anyways because I should have not talked to him when he was too close. It was a fatal mistake on my part and I have to inhale the consequence. He was already beside me when he opened his mouth to answer my question…….everything was a blur after that because I was trying my very best not to breath for the next 1 or 2 minutes.



It was nasty. That was the epitome of bad breath. I wasn’t even concentrating on what he was saying because my brain just stopped. I have a sudden urged to elbow him and knock him out. I swear if he continued talking for another minute I would just collapsed. No way am I gonna take the risk to inhale the contaminated air from this man.



Did he forget to brush his teeth? Was he in a rush that he just though he skips brushing his teeth or is it just not in his daily routine to brush his teeth when he wakes up in the morning? How could he stand not brushing his teeth? Whatever the reason is, I just couldn’t be bothered because something has to be done. I have to talk to this bad breath man every single day and I don’t think I can stop breathing every time he talks…or can I?



What should I do? Should I be straight forward and maybe a bit rude and tell him to his face? Should I take the indirect approach like offering him sweets or chewing gum every time we have to discuss? Arghhh…. A dilemma. Well, I have to think of something because here comes the man with the rubbish truck breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Eurrrghhhhhh ultimate grossness! well... you can wrinkle up your nose and act like you're suffocating and then offer him a mint.. eheheheh

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaa !! Is he your colleague? Are there more than the 2 of you in the office? Leave a pack of Listerine on his table before you leave... And make sure no one sees you! And check also if your office got CCTV. You don't want to offend him, cuz you might not know how people take criticism... And he does work with you. Hehehe! "Rubbish truck breath" !!

Ummu Muhammad said...

well, u can either not tell him anything and suffer in silence or u can tell him albeit gently that he has a problem with his breath and suffer HIS rage or embarrassment..take ur pick...sometimes these ppl just do not realize that their breath err smell and unless someone tells them straight, the problem will never be solved...tell him i say, but in a very nice way, all he will be is just be embarrassed, i'm sure he won't throw a chair at u because of what u said :D

ME said...

if it is not too much to ask may i ask who is this?? farmie

Matilda said...

omg!

Red Raven said...

Pink- ultimate to the most. Don’t think i have to act cos I am



Matilda – OMG indeed….thinking abt it is something but smelling it…I tell u…



Wiramas – cannot do that everyday. Offer him sweets once but u know wat..some ppl cant take a hint

Jim Taylor said...

Lovely post, thanks for posting.