Friday, January 06, 2006

Adik

An sms greeted my morning yesterday. It was from a close friend back home, Rose. It was quite a surprise as I would not expect her to sms me that early. She sent the sms at about 6 am. I was in tears after I finish reading it. Her daughter, Shaqirah Aqilah had just passed away because of lung infection. She was supposed to be 2 years old on the 14th of January. I saw her last during the Hari Raya when I went to Rose’s house


I was sad and confused. I thought it was supposed to be a simple tonsil operation. What happened? What went wrong? Later that day, rose and her hubby told me what happened. Rose just couldn’t stop crying while Saiful was trying to be strong but from the sound of her voice, he was just devastated.


Adik had her tonsil operation last week on the 28th. I remembered cos Rose sms me to tell me that it was a success. I was glad cos her operation was postponed twice before.The news yesterday was a shock to me because I never thought that anything would go wrong but kita hanya mencuba but Allah S.W.T. yang menentukan.


Rose told me that there were no signs that anything was wrong after the operation. The doctors only realize her lung was infected a day after. It was too late because the infection was spreading fast. Antibiotic was given but it was not working. On Sunday, her right lung collapsed. The doctors tried to instill some hopes dengan menebuk both her lungs. She was breathing with the help of the machine by then. Rose and family just can’t bear to see Adik suffering and they decided to stop the machine and she was gone.


I hope I would never have to make the same decision as Rose and her hubby did. A decision to let go of ur child because u can’t bear to see her suffer. Watching her little body trying to fight and stay alive. I am gonna stop here because….. I don’t know what else to say.


Semoga roh Adik dicucuri rahmat oleh Allah S.W.T. dan semoga Adik ditempatkan di kalangan golongan orang-orang yang beriman. Amin.


To Rose and Saiful, I hope u guys will be strong and terima semua ini sebagai qada’ and qadar daripada Allah S.W.T. Dia menjemput Adik awal untuk bersama-Nya sebab Dia menyayangi Adik.

6 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

I have tears in my eyes while reading this...so sad :( Such a tough decision to make.

Desparil said...

Innalillahwainnailaihirojiuun.

Angel Eyes said...

Very tough decision indeed. And yes, Allah S.W.T loves her more than we do.

Saw a friend struggling from leukemia. She was only 21 when she suffered that. We were uni mates, roomates and best friends as well. But really, if something wants to happen, it does happen within a min or so. She was a cheerful girl before that. And yes, I saw her taking her last breath in the hospital. But she was so calm. She died peacefully besides her parents and me.

It was very pain, but we just dun want our loved ones to suffer.. let them go.. they will rest in peace..

Amin..

Unknown said...

life seems to be very very short when seen in that perspective.
insyallah, she will await her parents at heaven's gate.

Crash Test Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear abt the demise of the little girl. I can't even imagine the pain that her parents have to go through. Makes me think of my own little ones..

May her parents be patient with this test from above.

ME said...

darinya kita datang dan kepadanya kita kembali,...sesungguhnya kita ini hanya pinjaman