Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Breaking a Sweat……..AT LAST!!!!!!

I woke up today and man, my whole body is aching. I am still tired and I think my body is still trying to adjust to the fact that I am actually running and sweating again. I think my whole limb got a shock cos they are actually being utilized…. I played futsal last nite.

It has been almost 6 months since I kick a ball. That is a long time but for the record, I have once have gone through 2 years without playing. The reaction to that is much worse . I actually threw up, during the game, and stop playing after 5 minutes. Man….. I have to sit out the rest of the game and trying to recover from that 5 pathetic minutes for almost a week. I can’t walk properly cos my legs muscles are aching, had headache for about 2-3 days, don’t ask me to explain cos I don’t know why, my back hurts and I was sweating……so the lesson here is….. don’t let your body rest for that long….I know I will not let that happen again…

I actually feared for the worst last nite, considering the long lay off. 6 months is not a short period. Even professional footballers will take time to ease themselves into the game. And here we are not even talking about a professional footballer but a guy who just likes to play football, not that good and have not been exercising for about 6 months. Not even a butt exercise. Would I just be walking around in the court? Would I just play for 5-10 minutes and then I would be seeing start? Would I have a horrid time…..miss kick the ball, kick the ball like a girl….oh….just about everything bad that could happen was in my head.

But at the same time, I was looking forward to the game. I miss it. Use to play almost every week back home to none is killing me. Thanks to a great girlfriend and also a great friend (thanks Cher), I am about to play my first game and it is also gonna be the first time ever I play football in a different state. It may not mean much to anyone else but being a football fanatic, watching matches is great but it will never beat the feeling of actually kicking the ball, tackling, heading and scoring a goal yourself.

I brought my gears and change at the office. I dah janji with Cher around 7.30pm at her office. Still nervous cos I never met the other guys and at the same time I am afraid that I might suck. Just to make sure I got enough energy, I bought a packet of power bar powder. Anything that can help me, I would have taken at that time. Met Cher and followed her car to the futsal court. I still fear for the worst at that time. When we arrive, I introduce myself to everyone and start drinking my energy drinks and hope it works.

When u r playing in a team game, it is best to know the name of your team mates. If you don’t, u might end up not getting the ball. At first it was kinda hard. The only person I know on the field is actually playing for the other team so I try to make use of my sense of hearing. Remembering the name of my team mate when they are called out by others. Being new, I am still figuring out the game with them. I have to know who can kick with his right or left leg (to pass a ball for someone to kick, must know where he is comfortable with), who can run and get to the end of a pass (need to know the range and also the speed of the pass) and lots. I know I am a bit too technical for just a fun futsal outing, but when u play well, u and ur team mate also will have fun. As the games proceed further, I played much better, got most of my pass inch perfect and scored goals too. And the energy drink helps; I might recommend it to others.

In the end, I had fun. All the bad things I was freaking about didn’t happen. The guys and gal were great and they are a good bunch of players and people. My whole body is aching but I can’t want for another session. A good way for me to sweat and workout have fun and maybe meet new friends……and also I found out that energy drinks do work…hahahahahaha……

7 comments:

fade0 said...

ur job sounds like it sucks big time. nobody deserves to get shouted at by garfield lookalike wanker boss wearing t-shirt 2 sizes too small. looking for a new job ay? what do you do? what do you want to do? exp? qualifications? u sound like a decent kid. maybe i can help. update me.

Desparil said...

just dropping by.. nice to see a fellow red devil in the blogging world. which gym you work at?

Angel Eyes said...

=)

Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

"Would I just play for 5-10 minutes and then I would be seeing start? Would I have a horrid time…..miss kick the ball, kick the ball like a girl….oh….just about everything bad that could happen was in my head"

but but but I kick like a girl... errrr that's coz I am a GIRL ;-P

Maya said...

being technical is good..no wonder they didnt pass me the ball..coz i didnt remember some of the guys name..and i used the netball tactics tht is not to shout names.. and now i know..and i got angry wth my futsal manager coz nobody seemed to be passing balls to me..and he told me..u have to call names!!..and now i understand..oohhohoh..ic..

Red Raven said...

Fade0
Wow…really..thanks for offering mate. Guess blogging do help us meet nice people. Right now I am modern time ceti. What do I want to do..hmmm….something I would have fun and enjoy, I love media and entertainment but no experience in that area. Exp-been working for the past 7 years in the oh so wonderful and exciting world of accounting…Qualifications…just a diploma, hoping to continue and study in something I choose myself this time.

Desparil
Yeah…the more the merrier kan? Glad to find a fellow red devil too. It is kinda hard to find one. Im surrounded by scousers and gooners..hahahah. Work at a gym in hartamas…

Red Raven said...

Maya
In netball they don’t call out names? So how do u know who to pass and who is gonna receive the pass? In football or even futsal, have to remember ur teammates names especially if u want to get the ball, but if ur not good..hahahaha…u scream sampai suara takde pun, nobody will pass the ball to u…..hehehehehehehe