Sunday, March 12, 2006

W.O.R.K.

I wake up every morning to a job I that I don't like(hate is too strong). I wake up every morning to a job I don't have a passion for. I wake up every morning to a job I don't look forward to go to. I wake up every morning knowing by the end of the day, I will not be satisfied with what I have done for the day. I wake up every morning knowing that when I sleep tonite, with a thought in my head still wishing to find that self satisfaction and passion in my career.

I envy those people who had found that satisfaction and that passion. Filling their days doing what they love. Waking up and looking forward to a day of fulfillments and satisfaction rather than wishing they are in bed still. Knowing in the end, they can look back at their life and say ..."I live my life"....I don't think a lot of us can say that. I surely can't....for now though.

I know for sure that I don't want to go on with the rest of my life doing what I am doing now. I know for sure that this is not the path that I want to lead and end with. I know for sure I want something else...something more. But to change and have that, I need to actually start from scratch. Am I brave enough, at this stage of my life, to do that? To start all over again?

I am just assuming but I bet a lot of u out there feel the same way. Wanting something more in life than what we do every day. We work for the sake of the salary that we get at the end of the month, which, within a day most probably 3/4 of it would be out of the window...paying bills, loans (car, personal, parents,friends) and that one really expensive dinner. And we do it all over again......a never ending story.

But would we say goodbye to that? We are stuck in a job we might not like because we can't afford to do anything else and risk it all. We need the money to live our life. We can't just simply take the risk to pursue something else. To look back inside yourself and finding what you truly want to do with your life? Would sitting inside your cubicle and balancing the account every month is your true calling? Closing a big account with one the biggest and important client ever for your company? It's one to decide one passion in life....

I want to be those people...those who can say that they life their live. Looking back to their life and not regretting the things that they have done in their life. But again, am I brave enough? At a stage where most people are stabilizing and strengthening their grips on life while I am still wishing I am doing something else? Should I just stop thinking about it and just do the best that I can with I have in life and hope that it will turn out better for me?

I am thankful that I do have a job to wake up to. Don't take me wrong. I am thankful but I don't think it is any harm in wanting something more for yourself? Striving for something better? And what is better? To be thankful and accepting what is infront of you or squeezing that orange for that extra juice? Hmmm....another orange juice posting eh...

I read an article a few months back about people and their careers..odd careers I must add. But all of them have one thing in common...waking up with a smile on their faces with their heart filled with joy and satisfaction in doing what they are doing. A banker who turn into a naturalist. A doctor who now teach people kayaking. Knowing they took a chance in their life and glad that they did because they are happier than before. No more miserable 9-6 job that pay them ciput kind of salaries...but a whatever time job with still maybe ciput kind of earnings but they are happier. No more looking at the watch wishing it is 6pm. It doesn't even matter if it is a Monday or a Friday.

Well, I have taken a chance in my life recently...and it turn out to be the best one I have even taken. Sherie is the proof...maybe I should take another one. Yeah... maybe I should.

Just to make things clear.... I want to be happy with my job...and at the same time earn big money....huge sum of money.. capish? That would make me even happier....well, just about anyone would kan?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freak and Geek said...

dude, i termasuk salah rumah ker nih?

btw, i feel u. go for it! it's never too late for another shot in life...carpe diem!

Anonymous said...

What happened to that emotional dude? Ke dia salah rumah ni?

Angel Eyes said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

think you probably have a sick coward stalking you la... or it may also be an unknown worm. you better have your systems checked.

Anonymous said...

Yes..enough is enough!
Let us all go back on our tongkangs and sail back to motherland!
Why waste time by bitchin' on peoples blogs!
Let us pack our bags and wait at the nearest port and pay homage to our ancestors in the hills!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Desparil said...

low class mental, human, cool fire, bad man, british man & malaysia is no future..


thank you for sharing. all of you are clear testament as to why inbreeding & bestiality are wrong.

have a good day.


red,

dua kosong, brader.. dua kosong..

ME said...

something bugging you seriously red?? well in life we gain some we loose some... its better than nothing.

popcornelvis said...

low class mental, human, cool fire, bad man, british man & malaysia is no future! you're here too?
meaning you've spammed 5 blogs today.

redraven,
i love my work...really2 love it.
and yeah...dont make that much but its satisfying.
i guess you win some you lose some.

Red Raven said...

Low class mental/human/coolfire/nad,an/britishman/Malaysia no future/cebelle

I think u all got the wrong blog. This blog is not talking about whatever u guys are talking….so please bring whatever tots u have into ur own blog and stop poisoning other people blogs.

F&G – I was even surprised seeing all this people…I don’t even know why. Yeah…thanks for the support

Stellar – I don’t know. think they got the wrong blog or just tak tau nak baca.

Angel – yeah…huh indeed.

Biskutkeras - how to do that? how to get rid of this worms…

Des – Rooney the man….hahahahahaha…he just made Newcastle looked like little boys…and Shearer looked like the old man he is

Lynna - nothing bugging me but just thinking. Don’t want life to be something not worth living for kan?

Superdzu – lucky u. I wish and I pray I can do something I like too one day….

Cosmic_GurL said...

You want to do smthing else? Go lah audition for tht new singing reality tv show on 8tv..the One Million chance or smthing like that...menang bleh dpt RM1 million beb!

trueblue said...

Omigod...nearly dapat heart attack bila baca the earlier comments.
Apa masalah orang tu? *confused look*

Anyway, just to share..I don't like what I'm doing too. Waaaaaaaa......

Desparil said...

weh.. just had an idea.. why dont you go for the myteam tryouts? worst case, can meet shebby singh and get his autograph.. hehe..

seriously, i feel the same lah.. like i'm waiting for something to happen.

Anonymous said...

kill the worm la ie. delete je those irrelevant stuff. next time they know what'll happen if they try to infest you. hmm... tapi seronok jugak kan can get so many comments ;P

i'm glad that i love what i do. but i do know many friends who are still searching for the right career path. seeing some of the successful ones, i guess we just have to make things happen and not wait. but kena strong la kan. not easy. but in the mean time, terpaksa la cari some strong points/your strength in what you do currently so that it could boost your spirits and who knows, you could even contribute more than you had ever imagined. just a thought...

Red Raven said...

Cosmic – Maybe I should…who knows kan…..hahahahahaha

True - huhuhuhuhu…kan? sedih giler…kalau end of the month dpt a million takpe jugak kan?

Des – Myteam ah? Hahahaha..i don’t think I can even pass the first session of tryout….autograph from shabby? Ermm….u nak ke Des? I guess kena tunggu lah bila lah that thing gonna come ….

Biskut – yeah….i am doing that every single day cos if I don’t, I don’t think I would come to work…kena find something positive to actually look forward of waking up in the morning and doing what I do,…if not….i guess mc lah gamak nya

Anonymous said...

that, and i guess the fact that we all need the $$$... everything now is money wat's more with the recent fuel hike kan... so, like it or not, kerja kerja kerja ;P

hmmm... i see that you've gotten rid of the worms...