Friday, February 24, 2006

C'mon Let's Work It Out!!!

I am working with a fitness centre in Desa Sri Hartamas. Most of you would know which one but I just feel a bit mysterious. As a staff, all of us have the privilege of using the club for free which I obviously took advantage of . I mean, people are actually paying RM100++ to be a member and use the facilities in the club while I can use it for free and also get some free advise from the Personal Trainers (PT) while other people might have to pay for their services. Lucky devil I am , don’t you agree?


Well, I have been going to the gym frequently for the past 3 months. I will go maybe about 4 times a week and I do have to say, I may not look like Malek Noor or Arnold Schwarzenegger yet but I do feel a bit of a difference especially in my middle area and also stamina wise. I mean before , walking up two flights of stairs was a heavy task. I would be out of breath and I am sure most of you know what I mean kan? Now I can actually play an hour of futsal without depending on any energy drink and trust me, I can go for another hour.


There are a lot of people I met at the gym and some of them really caught my eyes and do make me kinda wonder a bit about them. Let me just tell you about some of these people.


1. I saw a woman who is actually exercising wearing her make up. I was quite strange to me but I don’t know if other people feel the same. I mean, do u need make up to work out when you are supposed to sweat? I understand that without make up some woman don’t look that attractive but in a gym while sweating? What is the real purpose of actually coming to the gym?


2. While I was on the exercise bike, a woman who was about maybe in her late 30’s was in her full exercise clothing….a red t-shirt and a red tracksuit. She was with a friend who was riding on another exercise bike while she was just leaning against one bike. I was wondering why she is not on the bike and riding it too but then I suddenly realize she was actually wearing heels!!! What?? Heels in a gym?? But why? I thought, maybe she forgot her shoes but that is not possible right? Going to a gym with exercise clothes but ooopps….I forgot the shoes. She was at the gm for about 1 ½ hours and she left with her friend, without even breaking a sweat. I wonder what was the real reason she is there for.


3. While I was trying really hard to angkat the weight…and trust me, with all the power I have (15kg ok…berat tu) a guy who ha s just work ed with the abs machine was in front of me was looking at his abs….he wa s actually checking himself out in the mirror that is all around the gym. I mean, u just work ed out about 5 minutes ago on your abs and you are expecting you have a wash board abs???? He is not the only one because I saw a few others before doing the same thing…checking if the muscle on his arms maybe have increase 5 cm after carrying a weight of 5kg for about 5 times. I mean, would it make any difference after u work out for 5 minutes? Would u immediately look like Lou Ferrigno or Hulk Hogan…I just don’t get it. Or maybe he wants me to check him out? I don’t know…..


4. I have to be careful with what I see in the gym’s locker. I mean, if you are not careful, u might see a few naked Caucasian men in there. I mean, to them I may be nothing because they are well…u can say well hung but can we just cover them up. We don’t need to see them bouncing all over the place u know. and walking from the showers to the changing area naked is just not acceptable. I mean, why? We are all men except maybe…ermm….they are gay and want some attention to the well hung brothers???


5. A colleague and I always work out together and there is this one lady who caught our eyes. She is in her late 40’s maybe from how she looks lah. Not that she is sexy giler or anything but with all the gym equipment costing thousand of Ringgit and she is also paying maybe RM100++/ month for her membership, she is actually doing her own exercise…manually. She would stand in front of a mirror and do her stretching and stuffs. I know it is bad for us to laugh at her but…hey….kinda funny right? Paying all those money but not using any of the equipments? Ok, maybe she uses the thread mill but that’s all. Abs, chest, arm, legs…all manually. I don’t know……


I assure you, there are a lot more I want to share, but if you are a member of a gym, I think most of you have your own weird experience….

12 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

with heels go the gym? ayoyoyoyooo... err.. maybe i should try someday?

i would like to enrol to ur gym. how much do i need to pay? i want to do yoga and to tone up my bods. Any ideas on whch PT is suitable? preferably female pls, good looking female if possible co i wanna look gud with my PT also!

;p

Freak and Geek said...

dude... i was luffing my ass off while reading ur entry.. yes, i've witnessed some of those WITH MY VERY OWN EYES..
i've watched dick & jane last night, one of the scene has this one particular lady wore huge chandelier/dangling earrings to the gym/yoga/pilates ctr complete with headband and full gym outfit. (sigh) Enuff said.

so skang ni body u mcm brad pitt in fight club lah eh.. eh.. eh..

Desparil said...

some people go to work out, some go to hang out, some go to be seen, some go to get laid.. macam2 ada..

trueblue said...

I guess some females want to look good in case some hunk checks them out. Kena maintain cun beb..hihi..Yang penting gaya tu mesti ada :)

Desparil said...

rooney..
there's only one rooney..
there's only one rooney..

:)

Red Raven said...

Angel – r u serious? Ermm…kalau serius, can I just get one of the counselors to call u? a friend to explain to u. right now we have two woman personal trainers. Good looking one…ermm…..let me see….



F&G – kinda pelik tapi benar kan. I mean, tak berat ke awak semua tu to work out. I just don’t understand…..ermm…cam brad pitt ke…ermm, more like arm pit



Des – get laid dude? Ermm….have not been that lucky so far..hahahahaha…



Trueblue – to be honest, when u r tired…and exhausted…I don’t think anyone would have tome to check anybody out

Crash Test Mom said...

first off, u r lucky to be working in a fitness centre.

1. the make up women, did they come after office hours? if that's the case, maybe they're too lazy to wash off the make up before starting to work out. (was guilty of that too sometime ago, don't shoot me!) Or maayyybee... their sole purpose of joining the gym is to check out cute guys & instructors.

2. i once saw a man walking/jogging on a treadmill barefooted, wearing work trousers! he had his work shoes and socks on the side. wtf?

3. maybe they're delusional or misinformed. hehehe...

4. i once saw a couple of chinese/japanese woman walking around buck naked in the changing room like it's no big deal. luckily their 'kitties' were well trimmed. hahaha!

5. maybe she's one of the delusional ones who think that by paying RM100+ and coming to gym to do her manual exercises can actually make a huge difference than doing the same thing at home.

fuh.. panjangnye comment.

Angel Eyes said...

make sure they are really drop dead gorgeous!

Desparil said...

woi.. we won the mickey mouse cup.. update already la..

Suraya said...

makeup in gym? crazy, but still tolerable.

heels in gym? absurd!

checking himself after 5 mins? worth a laugh.

naked caucasian? yum! yum! :p

own exercise in gym? plain stoopid la tu.

ehehehehehe

ME said...

well anyone can do wat they want with their money.. gym as the purpose for exercising the rest of it.. well only they know dude!!

Ummu Muhammad said...

hahaha oh my red, I don't go to gym but yeah, I've seen those kinds even in swimming pool! swimming with make up on! and oh yes, someone mentioned naked chinese/jap women? hehe how bout naked indonesian women? but those naked caucasians, I want!! lol *lust very high here :P* but seriously la, a friend told me those guys who hung out at the gym are mostly gays. err myth or truth?