Sunday, February 15, 2009

Of Needles and Guilty Pleasure





Getting stuck on a hard bed and being poked by needles two times a day is not what I want to repeat. A week dah cukup and I am still recovering from it. The worst experience ever…

Well for some yang didn’t know, I was admitted to the hospital due to dengue. It just amazed me what a tiny little flying insect can do. I was down and out. The worst was not being able to eat no matter how hungry I was. Its not like I don’t want to eat, just I can’t. Whatever yang I tried to masukkan in my mouth tasted so pahit I just can’t force it in. If it did pun, it will end up in the toilet bowl later. The missus was a bit irritated with me cos she said I was not trying hard enough to eat…I lost quite a bit of weight due to that. A fast and effective diet programmes but of course not recommended.

Honestly, everyone hates injections. I hate needles but when you are being warded, it is kinda hard to avoid being poke by one lah rite. So, twice a day a nice nurse in blue uniform will come in with a smile and her scary needles…I just turn the other way and hope it’s over ASAP. The worst is when they wake you up at 4am or 5am…..hmmmm...really not something you want at that time of day.

I’m just glad it’s over but I am still recovering. The doctor had given me an MC for a week but I am still trying to regain back the strength and energy I lost. I was expecting a fast recovery but I guess my body is responding slower now due to my….mature age now. At least I get to indulge myself with my new obsession…… Korean Dramas!!!

Yes…I am into K-dramas. Don’t ask me why….just my guilty pleasure I guess. My sister is the one who got me hooked when I was in back in Kuching and I can’t seem to get enough of it. I just enjoy watching it….and the missus is getting annoyed a bit because she said I’m too obsess with it. Hahahaha....I do have to admit I am bit maybe. Just one after another…

My all time favourite is Coffee Prince (or also known as The 1st Shop of the Coffee Prince). I watched it maybe 5 or 6 times and I know for a fact I can watch it a few more times. I love the acting and the intriguing story line. And the music is not bad too. For those yang nak starts with k-dramas, I highly recommend Coffee Prince….just watch it and you understand what I mean. Full House and My Name is Kim Sam-Soon should be in that list too.

And coincidentally, my favourite actress….Yoon Eun Hye, is the heroin in the drama. She only acted in three dramas (Goong or Princess Hours and The Vineyard Man is the other two) but she is so talented and a joy to watch. She has that “Drew Barrymore” cuteness about her. It has been awhile since she acted (Coffee Prince was her last acting job since 2007) and I just hope she will be out of her acting hiatus soon. Attached is one of my favourite song from the series....and some of the scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJBhpj2W0R4

Well…now I just have to figure out how to get myself all pump up about work tomorrow. It has been 2 weeks….So I assume it is gonna be a struggle. Or should I just request an MC for another week…hmmmmm.

4 comments:

maszuzu said...

bro..dun let another sickness to get u update the blog aite...hahhahaa...

Red Raven said...

ada ke orang nak baca? hahaha

Cosmic_GurL said...

Jenuh kena paksa update blog, baru nak update. Tulah, obsess dgn korean drama lagi..hmmpphh!

maszuzu said...

sherry, biaq pie la obses ngan korean dramas, jgn obses ngan benda yg tak sepatutnya dah!!!...hahahaha...ada la org nak baca...tolong review skit MU match ke..tak tahan sehh..tgk lily livervbird review game scousers pastuh kutuk MU...hahahaha..