Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Promised............



The past 2 days, I tba-tiba rasa cam sedih. Cam rasa empty je this little heart of mine. Terasa pelik and wonder jugak lah cos baru last week happy je. Nak kata I miss my family tak pulak cos I just talked to them on the weekend. Nak blame it on the draw ngan Reading last Sunday, tak make sense pulak cos I got over it (trying very hard) the next day. And further more, Tuesday is my futsal nite so selalu nya excited giler lah but somehow cam takde mood and was playing half heartedly je. I didn’t enjoy the game at all. But I did a good sweat out of it though.

That feeling continued today and it made me worried. I finally got to sit down and try to figure out what is wrong after I came back from lunch today. I took a quick lunch and I got the whole office to myself as the others tak balik lagi. It was a good thinking session as I figured out the reason for the sadness and emptiness I am feeling.

I am sad because I know you are sad. I am upset because I know you are upset. It happened every single month since we got married. You might not cry now but I can hear it in your voice how sad and disappointed you are. I can see in your eyes that wanting and longing feeling every single time you hold your nephew and niece. I know how you wish it is your own son or daughter you’re holding and cuddling, not someone else. I know, sad it is for me to say, you somehow feel that I don’t really care or even bother if we ever be blessed with a child of our own.

I do care. I want a child of my own too. I am sad and disappointed too when you told me that you’re having your period but I chose to not show it because I know I kena be strong for you. It saddens me because I tak boleh do anything much to make you feel better other than saying “We will try again. Insya Allah, kalau rezeki, it will come.” It saddens me for letting you wait for another month to know if we succeed. It saddens me because I failed once again to give you what you want badly….we want badly.

I promised you that I will make you happy for the rest of your life and that is a promise I intend to keep. We are in these together ok? I promise I do whatever you want me to do to make it work. Drink more soya bean? I buy Jenny Hong’s soya bean every day. Eat more taugeh? I eat everything with taugeh...taugeh is a must in my meals now. Drink less ice water? I drink hot water only..even after futsal. Just tell me, and I do it. More sex? Well, by all means, more sex it is then.

And yang, no matter what happens, I always love you.

15 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

auwww...how sweet is that..

tell me where to find species like you??

and she is lucky to have you..and I pray that both of you will be bless with wonderful breeds..

Monster Mom said...

things happen for a reason...

Allah will only test the person whom He know can and will live up to the challenge....

If it happens to u... ada hikmahnya..

Live Strong mate!

Allah knows best.

p/s - I'm a MU fan. Unlike me, hubby is anything-but-manU fan...

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

lemme tell u one thing, susah nak dapat species cam u ni dah..rare species katanye..
im sure she'll be fine, its juz the matter of time brader...kakak i saploh tahun try baru berhasil..
as long as u r there for her, nothing is impossible (dengan izin Allah...)
...i pray for you both...

Anonymous said...

Came here via a rather roundabout way.. but felt I had to leave my 2 sen.

I tried for 6 years before I had my first child. I totally can empathise with wot you and your wife are going through. My then-husband was a rock to me during the roller-coaster cycles of hope and disappointments every month.

Zuriat itu rezeki, as they say... but if there's one word of advice I can give having gone through the whole experience .. relax. Don't think too much about it. I know it is easier said than done because that is how I felt when I received that advice all those years ago. It sounds simplistic but there's a lot to be said for it.

Hubby and I went away on holiday together, forgot about fertility treatments and everything that had to do with babies.. had fun... and our first child was conceived on that trip.

My doas and best wishes for you and your missus. :)

(sorry ya comment macam karangan.. )

Red Raven said...

u.b.a,
species like me? I was like any other men until i met my missus. She made me the way i am. Thanks..

m.m,
Live strong indeed. Have to be patient and harap Allah kurniakan rezeki.

A Devil too huh..yehaaa. Well, the family grows. My advise, kita take whatever ppl nak kutuk kita now. Come March...we see.

missy,
takdelah.I sama je cam other men. I met my missus, and she made me want to be better for her. Amin....

Drama Mama,
TQ for stopping by. Insya Allah. We have yet to pegi our honeymoon. This weekend nak ke Cherating and just relax and enjoy ourself. I guess you r rite about overly thinking about it. Jadi stress dibuat nya. Thank you for the wishes.

cpj said...

alaa red.. u make me cry early in the morning.. so sweeettt! good luck to both of you.

EDDY PURNAMA said...

this is so sweet bro....

InsyaAllah kalau ada rezeki adalah ...

Desparil said...

bro,

when at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

Angel Eyes said...

Such a sweet entry dude. I know how you guys feel. Takpe, sabar yea? Insyallah.. i'll pray that you will have a darling daughter and son soon...

Freak and Geek said...

beautiful entry. u r one of a kind.

my prayers are with both of u... good things always happen to good people..

*big bear hug*

akula said...

I am rooting for the more sex thing.

D.N.A.S said...

My friend's tips:
If you're trying to conceive, don't have sex for the sake of conceiving. It will just stress out both of you.

The honeymoon is a really good idea. Forget all your worries and enjoy the sex, ok!

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

u feeling ok bro? dah dah toksah sesedih la...ke sedih lagi ni...i mean sedih over the lost to man city mlm tadi..haahahhaha..!!!

Anonymous said...

ok,u adik lelaki tak?i nak 'chupp'.:p

Anonymous said...

some tips:-
1. mine worked in Jakarta
2. just forget abt 'having a baby' for a while, tanpa u know it.. it'll happen. sure thing..!!!
3. secretly calculate yr wife' period dates...